When our bank opened its doors to the public to conduct general banking business on Monday, September 1, 1902, it opened as the Citizens Bank of Grayson. The capital stock consisted of twenty-six thousand dollars ($26,000) divided into 250 shares. In 1926, the Citizens Bank of Grayson became The First National Bank of Grayson with a capital and surplus of $100,000. The original bank building was a two story 24' X 42' brick structure located on the north side of Main Street, Grayson Carter County, KY. This building was destroyed by fire in 1915 and was rebuilt receiving several modifications through the years. On October 11, 1995 the main office moved from 102 East Main Street into a new two-story brick building at our present location 200 South Carol Malone Boulevard, Grayson, Carter County, KY.
In 1975 First National Bank opened the first branch bank in Carter County with our Willard Office located at 8752 S ST HWY 1, Willard, Carter County, KY. On June 27, 1996 the Willard Branch moved into a new brick building at the same location. Our Branch expansion continued with the following: The Rush Office located at 9844 E US HWY 60, Rush, Carter County, KY opened in July 1977. The Olive Hill Office located at 168 Railroad St., Olive Hill, Carter County, KY was first established in the historic railroad depot building and opened February 13, 1990.
To accommodate the growth of the Olive Hill office, a new building was constructed and opened February 16, 1999. The Sandy Hook Office located at 337 KY HWY 7 North, Sandy Hook, Elliott County, KY was our first bank office established outside of Carter Co. and opened July 27, 1998. The West Liberty Office located at 400 Prestonsburg Street, West Liberty, Morgan County, KY was the next office outside of Carter County and opened April 22, 2002. The Grayson Branch Office located at 380 S. Carol Malone Blvd., Grayson, Carter County, KY was purchased from the Peoples Bank of Marietta, Ohio and opened October 17, 2008.
Back to About Us